Prebiotic and Probiotic:
Live microorganism which counter a health benefit on the host are called prebiotic . although ,several microorganisms are used in probiotic products ,but commonly used probiotic are strains of lactic acid bacteria e.g. lactobacillus, bifidobacterium and streptoccus . probiotics are well absorbed when given orally.
- Gastrointestinal disorders:
- Antibiotic induced/ associated diarrhea .
- Preventions,recurrence and to shorten duration of diarrhea in children .
- Acute diarrhea in young children.infant
- Diaeehoea nosocomial diarrhea especially in infants and young children.
- Noscomial rotavirus gastroenteritis.
- Clostridium defficile diarrhea .
- HIV/AIDS diarrheoa .
- Enternal bleeding associated diarrhea .
- Acute infections diarrhea e.g. rotavirus induced diarrhea .
- To improve intestinal immunity .
- Abdominal cramoing ,boating,
- Diarrhoea and Nausea due to lactose intolerance .
- Inflamatory bowel syndrome .
- Helicobacter pylori infections .
- Pancreattis .
- Pouchitis colon cancer.