Levocetrizine hydrochloride :
It is aselective ,long acting peripheral h1 receptorantagonist antihistamine .
The increased polarity of levocetrizine may decrease distribution of the drug into the CNS ,resulting in reduced potential for adverse CNS effects .tolerance does not occur .as it does not readily across the blood brain barrier ,
It does not cause sedation or interfere with mental alertness or memory function .
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis ,
- Perennial allergic rhinitis ,
- Ocular symptom chronic idiopathic urticaria dermographism ,
- Atopic eczema and contact dermatitis
- In acute allergic reaction due to drug ,food,and insect bites.