Cefpodoxime proxetil :
It is a bactericidal and kills bacteria by interfering with the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall .
It is stable in the presence of beta lactamase enzyme, a number of beta lactamse producing organism resistant to pencillin other cephalosporines are likely to be susceptible to cefpoxime.
- URTI including pharyngitis and tosilitis.
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- Acute community acquired pneumonia.
- Acute uncomplicated gonnorhea single dose.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infection.
- Skin and skin structure infection.