Last updated on January 1st, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Pharmacy may be defined in two way. One according to Pharmacy Education and Second according to Pharmacy Shop.
According to Pharmacy Education, Pharmacy may be defined as the branch of Sciences which deals in compounding, manufacturing, quality and dispensing of medicines along with study of pharmaceutical engineering, pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, pharmacology, clinical studies and much more.
Most of time which neglects the other part of pharmacy education by relating it to only compounding and dispensing but if we use it properly, it is beyond these. It is a complete science that deals in medicine.
Read Related: Pharmacy Education in India and Top career opportunities for Pharmacy Students
According to Pharmacy Shop, A pharmacy may be defined as the Place where medicines are compounded or/and dispensed against registered Medical Practitioner.
Related: How to Start Pharmacy in India?
What is Practice of Pharmacy?
- Interpretation, evaluation and implementation of medical orders; dispensing of prescriptions, drug orders ;
- Participation in drug and device selection, drug administration, drug regimen reviews and drug or drug related research,
- Provisions of patient counseling and the provision of those acts or services necessary to provide pharmaceutical care in all areas of patient care including primary care ; and
- Responsibility for Compounding and labeling of drugs and devices (except labeling by a manufacturer, repacker or distributor of non-prescription drugs and commercially packaged legend drugs and devices) proper and safe storage of drugs and devices and maintenance of proper records for them.
- Read Who is a Pharmacy Practitioner? here
- What is the difference between Pharmacy, Pharmacist and Chemist/Druggist?
- Can a wholesaler sell directly to Patient?
- How many Chemist Shops could be opened with a Pharmacist License?
- How can One state Pharmacist apply for License in Another State?
- 22 most commonly written code at Doctor’s Prescription
- How can we make pharmacy education industry friendly?
- Pharmacy Education in India and Top career opportunities for Pharmacy Students
- Who is a Pharmacist? How to become a Registered Pharmacist? Qualification, Procedure, Documentation etc.
- How to start a successful Business in Pharmaceutical Sector?
- How to start wholesale distribution in India?
- How to Start Pharmacy in India?
- Can Registered Pharmacist of ‘X’ state, apply for drug license in ‘Y’ State?
- Who is a Pharmacy Practitioner? Difference between Community, Hospital, Drug Information and clinical Pharmacist
- What is Prescription? Types and Contents of Medical Prescription?