Along with doctors, pharmaceutical distribution chain could come under these new regulations. Pharmaceutical Distribution chain includes pharmaceutical companies, distributors, chemists, pharmacists. These new regulations could also cover distribution channel for effective and easy availability of generic medicines. New regulations could be implemented with strictness. As per news, there would be provision of punishment if anyone in supply chain offenses any provision. Punishment may vary from warning to cancellation of registration/license of manufacturers, distributors, chemists, pharmacists and/or doctors.
With view of promoting generic medicines all over India, Health Ministry is amending Drug and Cosmetic Act. Amendment in Drug and Cosmetic Act will not only bound to compulsory generic prescription writing but also it could bring many big surprises and changes in pharmaceutical sector. After analyzing reports, last few months statements, government failure in implementing schedule H1, ban of irrational combinations and news headlines, we are predicting some possible amendments in Drug and Cosmetic Acts:
- E-Platform for medicine Trade
- Compulsory generic prescription writing
- Compulsory Sitting of Pharmacist at medical shop during working hours.
- Authorization of Pharmacist for wholesale drug license
- Fixing of margins at every stage of Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Punishment against offenses
- and many more