Last updated on January 1st, 2018 at 12:36 pm
How can we define Zonal Sales Manager or ZSM?
ZSM is categorized as first line sales officer’s job in pharmaceutical Sector:
- General Sales Manager
- Zonal Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Medical Representative
Key Responsibilities of Zonal Sales Manager:
- Making Long term and Short Term Goals for business development of Company
- Coordinating between Company and Field Staff
- Making Business plans and strategies
- Review and Analysis of implementation of business plans and strategies
- Reviewing monthly, quarterly and yearly sale of zone.
- Keep in regular contact with team members and maintain healthy communication & relationship
- Market review of new products and services
- Regular attending monthly, quarterly and yearly meeting of company
- Keeping up to date about company products, services and schemes
- Monitoring activities, products and services of competitors
- Keeping balance between corporate life and field life
Qualification for a Zonal Sales Manager varies company to company. Having 3 to 4 years of experience as regional sales manager is considered good for recruiting a RSM as ZSM. Most of companies recruit ZSM from its regional sales manager staff members but some time ZSM is recruited from outside the company.
Required Character sticks of a Zonal Sales Manager:
- Complete Sales Packages means should have all qualities to sell any product
- Futuristic Approach
- Experimental and competitive in nature
- Generous personality
- Management ability
- Others Same as Regional Sales Manager(ASM)
How can one find Zonal Sales Manager’s Job?
Companies recruit Zonal Sales Manager from internal team but some time they recruit from other companies either through consultants or through online job portals. Internal references also play main role in recruitment. One can find ZSM jobs at Job portals like naukari.com and shine.com, and other job portals, Or can apply directly in company.
How much area is covered by a Zonal Sales Manager?
Area coverage of a Zonal Sales Manager is depend at Company’s Policy. Company may recruit a zonal manager for 2 or 3 or more regional sales manager depend at company sales, turnover, area and many other factors. Many factors effect company recruitment policy for area given to a Zone Sales manager.
To whom does a Zonal Sales Manager submit his reports?
A Zonal Sales Manager submits his reports to Sales Manager-General.
How a Zonal Sales Manager does submit his Reports?
Now almost all companies have online reporting system. Company provides a unique ID and Password to every Zonal manager to submit his reports at daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.