Last updated on January 1st, 2018 at 12:36 pm
How can we define Regional Sales Manager or RSM?
Regional Sales Manager is defined as a team leader who instructs, motivate, handle and work with his team members to persuade doctors to prescribe their drugs to patients, provide product information, answer their queries, provide information about how to use a drug along with dose required, keep doctor upto date about latest changes in medical sciences, deliver products sample etc. with promoting company and products & generate sale for the company. An Regional Sales Manager regularly join his team members and medical representatives in field and makes calls of important doctors.
RSM job falls between corporate level and field officers level jobs in Pharmaceutical Sales Team:
- General Sales Manager
- Zonal Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Medical Representative
Key Responsibilities of Regional Sales Manager:
- Selection of new staff, induction of new staff in market
- Team Building and removing obstacles for growth
- Making Monthly visiting plan for all ASM team members and implements it effectively by regular follow-up and discussions with team members
- Sale analysis: Value wise and Product Wise
- Planning for growth of next planing year
- Maintaining relationship with distributors, appointment of distributors and settlement of claims
- Ensuring payment and availability of products as per sale and targets
- Keep in regular contact with team members and maintain healthy communication & relationship
- Organizing conferences and seminars for doctors and healthcare professions
- Fulfill all requirements of his team
- Completing monthly, quarterly and yearly sales target
- Building relationships with Doctor and Healthcare professions
- Market review of new products and services
- Regular attending monthly, quarterly and yearly meeting of company
- Keeping up to date about company products, services and schemes
- Monitoring activities, products and services of competitors
Qualification for a Regional Sales Manager varies company to company. Having 3 to 4 years of experience as area sales manager is considered good for recruiting a ASM as RSM. Most of companies recruit RSM from its area sales manager staff members but some time RSM is recruited from outside the company.
Required Character sticks of an Regional Sales Manager:
- Inspiration and Motivator
- Team Builder
- Good Networking ability
- Good Knowledge of area and region
- Good contact with doctors and distributors in Region
- others same as Area Sales Manager
How can one find Regional Sales Manager’s Job?
Companies recruit Regional Sales Manager from internal team but some time they recruit from other companies either through consultants or through online job portals. Internal references also play main role in recruitment. One can find RSM jobs at Job portals like naukari.com and shine.com, and other job portals, Or can apply directly in company.
How much area is Covered by an Regional Sales Manager?
Area coverage of a Regional Sales Manager is depend at Company’s Policy. Company may recruit an regional manager for 2 or 3 or more area sales manager depend at company sales, turnover, area and many other factors. Many factors effect company recruitment policy for area given to a Regional Sales manager.
To whom does an Regional Sales Manager submit his reports?
A Regional Sales Manager submits his reports to Zonal Sales Manager.
How an Regional Sales Manager does submit his Reports?
Now almost all companies have online reporting system. Company provides a unique ID and Password to every regional manager to submit his reports at daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.