- List of Schedule H1 drugs
- Conditions and Time period for which record maintenance require
- Difference between Schedule H and H1
- Need of Schedule H1
- Indian Pharmaceutical Market V/s Schedule H1
Related: List of Schedule H drugs
List of Schedule H1 Drugs:
- Etambutol HCL
- Sodium Para-aminosalicylate
- Zolpidem etc.
Ophthalmic/Ear/Nasal Drops of above mention ingredients doesn’t covered by Schedule H1.
- The Supply of a drug specified in Schedule H1 shall be recorded in a separate register at the time of the supply giving the name and address of the prescriber, the name of the patient, the name of the drug and the quantity supplied and such record shall be maintained for three years and be open for inspection.
- If it contains a drug substance specified in Schedule H1, the drug formulation shall be labelled with the symbol Rx which shall be in Red and conspicuously displayed on the left top corner of the label and shall also be labelled with the following word in a box with red border as mentioned below in warning section.
“SCHEDULE H1 DRUG – WARNING:
-It is Dangerous to take this preparation except in accordance with the Medical Advice
-Not to be Sold by retail without the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner.”
Why there is need of Schedule H1?
In recent time, number of cases of antibiotic resistance diseases are increasing. One of the main cause of antibiotic resistance is easy availability and self medication. There was urgent requirement of implementation of any strict laws that Schedule H was not available to implement.
In Indian medicine market whether it will be possible to implement Schedule H1 policy:
Where infrastructure at ground level is of third class. Even in some area there is a lot of Medical Store running without a License or registered pharmacist.
Is it necessary to take cheque from chemist for payment against schedule H1 drugs or we can take cash also, as some of chemist neither wants to fix stamp on bill nor give payment by cheque.
Payment collection should be in proper manner. Either Cheque or Cash payment receipt. You have to show proper billing and record of all schedule H1 drugs. You have to make sure that in any case chemist don’t refuse to present your bill in front of drug officer. Chemist who don’t want to fix stamp or give payment by cheque don’t want to manage stock of schedule H1 drugs. You have to careful in this matter. In future Schedule H1 is going to be implemented very strictly.