This Article will Cover following Topics related to Ayurvedic Business:
- How to Start Ayurvedic Marketing Company
- Ayurvedic Distribution and Wholesale Business
- Ayurvedic Retail Business
- Ayurvedic Manufacturing Company
- Area Required and Machinery used for Ayurvedic manufacturing unit
- Qualification of Manufacturing Chemist and Analytical Chemist for Manufacturing Unit
- How to Sell? : Online and Offline
- Marketing Types
If you don’t want to watch above video, you can continue reading this article:If you only want to start marketed by company of Ayurvedic products or you want to sell Ayurvedic/herbal/unani/siddha products then you don’t require any drug related license. For sale and purchase of Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha/Herbal Medicine doesn’t require any drug related license. You will need only GST number and company registration. You can start by setting up Ayurvedic Marketing Company by Name you prefer. You can get manufactured your product at third party basis.
Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha Business Plan for Marketing Company:
- Choose Company Name
- Research and Choose product list and their brand names of products you want to launch in Ayurveda.
- Search For Premises where you want to start Marketing Company (Rented or Owned)
- Apply for Goods and Service Tax Registration (GST)
- Apply for Trade mark registration of Company Name and Brand Names (Optional)
- Company registration
- Third party manufacturing of your products
Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha Business Plan for Shops/Distribution:
- Search Shop at prime location (Rented or Owned). For Distribution wholesale prime location doesn’t matter. For retail its necessary.
- Choose good name for your shop
- Shop Registration as per local authority norms
- GST registration Number if you have more than 20 lac annual turnover
- Conduct survey for running products in your locality
- Purchase Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha products from distributors/Company
- Start Selling Products
Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha Business Plan for Manufacturing Unit:
- Search Premises for Manufacturing Unit (Rented or Owned)
- Choose Company Name
- Apply for Manufacturing License Number
- Apply for GST Number
- Apply for products approval along with Manufacturing License Number File
- After approval start manufacturing of Ayurvedic/Sidha/Unani Medicines
- Start Selling Products
Documentation and Procedure of Ayurvedic Manufacturing Unit ( Requirement may vary state to state or area to area )
- Application on prescribed Form 24-D.
- Prescribed Fees as mentioned
- Subject to the conditions of Rule 157 being fulfilled the license will be issued Form 25-D which will be valid for a period of —– years from date of issue.
- Requirement of schedule ‘T’ are to be fulfilled for which Departmental Inspection Team will conduct the inspection and submit its report on the prescribed Performa.
- Documents in respect of competent technical staff consisting of at least one person, who is a whole-time employee and who possesses the qualifications as mentioned below as competent person staff section.
- Site Plan of the premises.
- Attested copy of No Objection Certificate from Pollution Control Board.
- Power Availability Certificate from Electricity Department.
- List of Machinery/Lab. Equipments.
- List of medicine to be manufacture.
- Project Report.
- Ownership proof or rent agreement
Inspection team will inspect the premises with regard to:- Location and surroundings, buildings, water supply, disposal of container’s cleaning, Stores, raw material, packing material, finished goods store, working space, Health(clothing sanitation and hygiene of workers, medical services, and equipment’s, quality control section etc.
Area required for starting Ayurvedic Manufacturing unit:
Area Requirement is depend at number of sections you want to start. Minimum area required under drug and cosmetic act is 1200 square feet. if unani medicines are manufactured in same premises additional 400 square feet area is required. Section wise partition is required as per dosage form. For example, for tablet/capsule section, you require minimum of 100 square feet are, for liquid section, you require minimum of 150 square feet of area. You can read in detail at our article: How much Area required to start ayurvedic manufacturing plant.
Machinery and Equipment:
All the machines are in SS-304 and contact part in SS-316. To know in detail about machinery read our article: List of machinery used in Pharmaceutical and Ayurvedic Sector.
Liquid & oil section:
- High speed mixer for tank
- S. S. tank- 200 liter/500 liter/1000 liter capacity with wheel and cover lid
- Liquid filling machine double head
- P.P. cap sealing machine
- Liquid filtration unit
- Air compressor
- Air conditioner
- Blister packing machine
- Capsule filling machine zero number
- Capsule Loader zero number
- Tablet Punching Machine
- Mass mixer
- Multi mill
- Double cone blender
- Batch printing machine
- RO plant
- Lab equipments
- Balances- 200gm, 30kg, 100kg
Competent Person Staff Qualification For Manufacturing:
The manufacture of Ayurvedic (including Siddha) or Unani drugs shall be conducted under the direction and supervision of competent technical staff consisting at least of one person, who is a whole-time employee and who possesses minimum of any of the following qualifications, namely:-
- A degree in Ayurveda or Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Siddha or Unani system of medicine, as the case may be, conferred by a University, a State Government or Statutory Faculties, Councils and Boards of Indian Systems of Medicine recognised by the Central Government or a State Government for this purpose, or
- A diploma in Ayurveda, Siddha or Unani System of medicine granted by a State Government or an Institution recognised by the Central Government for this purpose, or
- A graduate in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry or Botany of a University recognised by the Central Government with experience of at least two years in the manufacture of drugs pertaining to the Ayurvedic or Siddha or Unani system of medicine, or
- A Vaid or Hakim registered in a State Register of Practitioners of indigenous systems of medicines having experience of at least four years in the manufacture of Siddha or Unani drugs, or
- A qualification as Pharmacist in Ayurvedic (including Siddha) or Unani systems of medicine, possessing experience of not less than eight years in the manufacture of Ayurvedic or Siddha or Unani Drugs as may be recognised by the Central Government.
- A graduate in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry or Botany of a University recognised by the Central Government
You can also build your website for sale and purchase of Ayurvedic products but it is time consuming and expensive process. You can use other common portals (Snap Deal, Flipkart, Amazon etc) to sell your products online. Online sale and purchase of Ayurvedic medicines/Food Supplements/Herbal Preparations could also be done through online portals those are specially deals in Ayurvedic products. You have to register your company and products at their website. There customer care executives will contact to you and will help you in further process. Most of Online portals will ask for Goods and Service Tax Identification Number and PAN card as primary documentation.Your products will be displayed at their website. When some one order it, you have to send to it. Online portals charges some fees per transaction or as per their term and conditions.How to sell Ayurvedic Products directly in Market?
You can also promote your ayurvedic products directly to Ayurvedic practitioners or customers. You can also search for distributors all over India/World for your Ayurvedic/Herbal preparations. If you don’t want to do direct marketing, you can also sell your Ayurvedic products by appointing distributors all over India at pcd/franchise basis or appointing authorized distributors or importer at any country worldwide. You also have to comply with import export in case of you are exporting to other countries. read Requirements for exporting Ayurvedic Medicines Here
Packing, quality and efficacy is most important thing in Ayurvedic products. You should get manufactured your products from good manufacturer otherwise your all marketing effort will be result into zero.Few marketing solution for Ayurvedic/Herbal Products are:
- Print Media Ad
- T.V. Ad
- Online sale
- Website promotion and adwords
- Distributors appointment/ Franchise Basis
- Door to Door Marketing etc
Marketing types are same as types of pharma marketing. Read here types of marketing
Manufacturing Process of Ayurvedic Medicines:
Ayurvedic Medicines has same manufacturing process as of pharma medicines. Same precautions and quality standards required for manufacturing of Ayurvedic Medicines.
Check List of Ayurvedic Manufacturers in India Here
Query related to Ayurvedic Business:
I am a manufacturer of herbal products and now I find marketing by another company so I need a agreement for me and marketing company so please will you send me that agreement
for more downloads you can visit our page:
What is third party agreement.
Scroll down and you will find many links for third party manufacturing:
Quick Link to download:
- Download Packing material availability Format for Ayurvedic Company
- Download Product approval letter format
- Download Brand Name and MRP declaration format
- Affidavit Format for Contact information, Third Person Authorization
- Download Purchase Order Format
For any query and suggestion, mail us at email@example.com
I want to start my ayurvedic/unani/siddha medicines business at my own name online on international level. Kindly send me some suggestions for documents required and marketing solutions. What type of licenses is required to sell Ayurvedic/unani/siddha Medicines and what are the documents are required for manufacturing of same.
- Where to register your Pharmaceutical/Ayurvedic Products before launching in Indian market
- How to find Ayurvedic Herbal Raw Material Supplier?
- How to register brand name for Ayurvedic Company?
- How to set-up a Ayurvedic Company for online selling?
- Ayurvedic classical products manufacturing at own brand name
- How to export Ayurvedic Medicines and Herbs from India?
- How to get manufactured new herbal product combinations?
- Area and Machinery required for starting Ayurvedic Manufacturing unit
- How to Register Ayurvedic Products before Launching in Market?
- How to register new combination of Ayurvedic and Pharma Products?
- Does Small quantity require Ayurvedic manufacturing license?
- How and Where approach for manufacturing license?
- How to sell Herbal Plant in Market?
- Kaise Ayurvedic Company Suru Kre?
- How to register new Ayurvedic Formulation before launching in India?
- Is that possible to Re-pack Ayurvedic Products in own Brand?
- Do Ayurvedic Products require any license to sell at own Clinic?
- How to choose product for new company?
- Schedule T:Good manufacturing Practice for Ayurvedic, Sidha and Unani Medicines
- How to choose product for new company?
- How to choose name for your new pharma start-up company ?
- Which is more preferable? Marketing, Manufacturing or Marketing with own manufacturing